Animana blev grundlagt år 2000 af hollænderne Bas van Ecke og Sebastiaan Massizzo. Med baggrund i dels veterinær- og dels IT-branchen startede de en visionær udvikling af et web-baseret journal- og administrationssystem til veterinærbranchen. Afsættet var familiedyrspraksis; men med det mobile internets introduktion udvikledes systemet til at omfatte alle typer af veterinærpraksis.
Animana blev den 1. november 2014 købt af amerikanske Idexx, der i Europa mest er kendt for deres labaratorieudstyr og -services. I USA er Idexx også store på praksis systemer med Cornerstone løsningen. Denne er dog ikke skalerbar og ikke web-baseret, hvorfor den ikke vurderes som det bedste fremtidige bud til det Europæiske marked. Dette mener Idexx, som vi, at Animana er.
Animana teamet består lige nu af 30 personer og udvides i samarbejdet med Ideex. Animanas ambitiøse vision er: Gennem innovation, 1. klasses service og lynhurtig respons på udvikling i veterinærbranchen vil Animana være klar til fremtiden før andre opdager den er der.
The transition to Animana 2 years ago brought many innovations to our practice. From the start we have been using almost all of the built-in tools included with Animana; such as the personalised vaccination reminders, email newsletters, colleague login and the extensive management and reporting tools. Animana is a very complete veterinary software program that supports our practice and daily workflow and always stays ahead of any wishes we might have for our practice management system. The excellent staff and excellent accessibility of the support desk are valuable elements of Animana for us.
We have been using Animana since 2011 in all our clinics. Changing our software system wasn’t an easy decision; whatever they say, it’s a huge step. It requires training of all staff, all data needs to be transferred, and as a practice owner I needed to get to know all the features of Animana as well. We are now two years down the road and I can only say that we are glad to have taken the effort to change our software system.
For me the main advantages of Animana are:
- I have access to my data anywhere. All I need is connection to the internet. Truly just perfect.
- Animana offers a complete package. It offers good management reporting and built in marketing tools such as mailing and mobile messaging.
- Animana contains a full accounting package. Before, I often had gaps in my balance sheets and missing euros. Maybe it was me, but since the move to Animana I have never had this problem!
- Animana doesn’t charge per clinic, or per user, instead simply by the revenue the clinic generates. I can now log in on as many devices as I want, even on my iPhone without ever getting the message that I don’t have enough licenses.
- I have noticed that Animana is constantly working on improving and bettering the software – my wishes are being heard and every update contains new functionalities.
In conclusion I believe that Animana is the best veterinary software currently on the market. I do have future wishes, but I trust that these will be realised.